10th Advanced Satellite Multimedia Systems Conference (ASMS) and 16th Signal Processing for Space Communications Workshop (SPSC)
Authors (presenters) of the accepted papers are requested to prepare:
- 3 min LIVE speed presentation with max 3 slides. A few days before the conference, there will be a quick test involving the speaekers, the session chair, and the virtual platform support team.
- Recorded full presentation (max 20min), with video in mp4 format, 720p HD resolution, and 1 Mbits/s data rate. Regardless of which platform you use, you can show your face via webcam (preferred but not required) and display your slides as you talk. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting or presentation on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing - Record a Cisco Webex Meeting (https://help.webex.com/en-us/n62735y/Record-a-Cisco-Webex-Meeting)
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University (https://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/its/knowledge-base/skype-for-business-recording-a-meeting/)
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting - Meet Help (https://support.google.com/meet/answer/9308681?hl=en)
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-Recording)
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla (https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-record-a-gotomeeting-session) and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings (https://www.videosolo.com/tutorials/convert-gotomeeting-recording-to-mp4.html)
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams - Office Support (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/record-a-meeting-in-teams-34dfbe7f-b07d-4a27-b4c6-de62f1348c24)
- Create Voice Over Power point: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c and convert to MP4 https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/knowledge-base/knowledgebase/how-to-save-voppt-to-mp4/
The recorded presentation (point 2 above) must be finalised by October 15th for the final upload to the conference virtual platform (link to be provided by October 14th).
Please be aware that it will be a virtual event so everything will be live streamed and recorded. We may use the recorded material also as promotional material for DLR. Through your participation you give us your consent.
The Right Location:
• Please select a quiet place without a lot of background or disturbing noises. Place one or more light sources aimed at your face to minimize shadows on your face. Pay attention to good lighting conditions / exposure to sunlight. Do not sit in front of a window or in front of reflecting objects.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to send someone over to help with the setup. But we are happy to help you on the days before your conference, if you need support. Here some tips:
- Light: A good light source improves the video quality immensely; already a well set desk lamp can make a big difference
- Audio: We recommend the following microphone types for a good audio quality:
- headset: directional microphone (directly placed on top of your camera) // integrated Laptop microphones // Please do NOT use bluetooth headsets.
o You will have the best result if the camera is placed on your eye level.
o In order for the audience to have the feeling that you communicate with them – try to look directly at the camera.
o Limit background noise
o Please try to avoid striped or plaid tops – as they look very unsteady on screen.
o It is always helpful to have a glass of water next to you – just in case you mouth gets dry.
o Speak loud and clear - just as you would on stage.
We would like to thank you in advance for your support and are looking forward to a successful web conference day!